The quality of education and how to influence it
The quality administration of the JAMK UAS is based on a Quality System. The JAMK quality system is based on the principle of constant improvement, which means that things are always done a slightly better than last time. In practice this means
PLAN – Curricula and syllabi (OPS) create a framework for education, in your personal study plan (HOPS) you create an individual plan based on this framework.
DO – A student studies in the instruction of teachers. Education is carried out accoding to JAMK regulations – the most important ones from a student’s viewpoint being the degree regulations and the study guide.
CHECK – A student evaluates her/his own learning and gives feedback on how the education was carried out.
ACT – Students and all people participating in carrying out UAS education continually improve their own performance.
Feedback as the primary instrument of influence
Quality work touches upon everyone in JAMK, and the student’s role in it is central. The student union encourages students to voice their concerns about studies and to take a stand in issues relating to education. If you would like to give feedback and development proposals as a student through other students, you can always contact JAMKO or your study field student association.
- Feedback on study modules and courses is one of the most important tools in quality assurance. By giving feedback, you make sure that your opinion is heard and further the development of the study module in question.
- Student feedback is gathered after the first year of studies and at the mid-point of studies.
- Immediate feedback: if you perceive something during your studies that requires development, discuss first with the teacher in question. If the discussion is unhelpful, contact the head of department. You can also contact the person responsible for quality assurance in your own unit.
- Grumble Weeks’ feedback: The student union gathers student feedback once a year, about studies, instruction and guidance, the functions of the UAS and the studen union. Grumble Weeks are a part of JAMK’s quality assurance system.
- AVOP – feedback: When you have completed 80% (Bachelor’s degree) or 50% (Master’s degree) of your studies, you will be asked to complete the Ministry of Education and Culture’s AVOP feedback survey. The student feedback questionnaire is used by universities of applied sciences to assess your work situation, internships, guidance and training. The feedback affects also on the UAS funding.
More information on how to influence on your studies and quality management.