Decide how JAMKO should work in the year 2021! JAMKO’s highest authority, the Representative’s council is elected during Oct 26th – Nov 4th. You as JAMKO member are able to stand as a candidate, vote and use your power to decide who will regulate JAMKO’s membership fee, policies and action. More info about the work of JAMKO’s Representatives’ council and its work here.
JAMKO and majority of other Finnish Student Union’s have the same election date Nov 4th. The joint election day is meant to standardize the representatives work in student unions and gather more attention nationwide.
Elections are conducted as a proportional representation system, and the process of filing of candidacy, signing up electoral alliances and rings are done completely online.
Schedule of the elections:
- 31.8.2020 Candidate lists can be established 2 business days before the election announcement.
- 2.9.2020 The announcement of elections and standing as a candidate begins
- 21.9.2020 Standing as a candidate ends at 3 p.m.
- 26.10.2020 The voting link will be sent to students with voting rights.
- 26.10. – 4.11.2020 at 3 pm Voting period
- 4.11.2020 Election night and publication of results
Central election committee is in charge of organizing the Representatives election. The Chairperson of Central election committee is Taina Saarimaa, +358 400 571641, pj.keskusvaalilautakunta(a)jamko.fi
Central election committee 2020
Chairperson Taina Saarimaa
Vice chairperson Janita Hietala
Members and vice members
Lassi Halkosaari, vice member Antti Paunonen
Johanna Kaasalainen, vice member Lotta Jänkävaara
Nea Tiihonen, vice member Elsa Hieta
Central Election Committee, keskusvaaliautakunta(a)jamko.fi