Student benefits and discounts are available in various forms from different kinds of services and products and many national and local service providers, shops and restaurants give discounts with a valid student card. The key is to ask!
JAMKO's own student benefits
JAMKO Café at Rajakatu Main Campus gives 10 % discount of all cafeteria products with the student card. Student priced coffees, teas and hot chocolates can be acquired with a prepaid coffee/tea/cocoa pass. More about JAMKO Café
- Members are welcome to use JAMKO gym for free. A valid student card must be kept at hand while training. Gym locates at the Main Campus, D-wing’s basement floor. Check the opening hours.
- In addition you can get substantial discounts from Jyväskylä city’s sports services. Some of the discounts require a sports sticker but majority of them are available with a valid student card such as the JAMKO-card. Read more.
- Discount of Survival kit rent
- Cheaper prices to JAMKO parties, events and trips
- Student card functions also as a library card in JAMK library
- Right to stand as a candidate and to vote in JAMKO Representatives’ Election
- Possibility to work as an active JAMKO member
BENEFITS NEGOTIATED BY
In order to use the web shop discounts, you need to get the digital student card and register to Frank service. By doing so, companies can be sure, that you are a student.
Shop discounts are traditional discounts that you can get by showing your JAMKO membership card or your digital student card via Frank app.
Frank’s digital student benefits via smart phones is available for JAMKO members. Check here how to get the Frank app and tap in on the best benefits on the internet.
Local and national benefits
A warm meal during weekdays in a student restaurant costs 2.60-4.50 € depending on the chosen meal. In the student restaurants the government support per meal is 1.67 € With a student card you are entitled to a student priced lunch in every higher education facility. Opening hours and menus of JAMK’s cafeterias.
Other student priced cafeterias or restaurants
- Amica restaurant Aimo (Asekatu 3)
- Ilokivi (Keskussairaalantie 2)
- Katriina’s vegetarian restaurant (Kauppakatu 11)
- Sonaatti at university campus
Many restaurants around the city have special prices and offers for students with a student card. Remember to keep your student card at hand and ask.
TRANSPORTATION AND TRAVELING
The green “Linkki” busses are the local transportation in Jyväskylä. Over 25 year old full time students are granted discounts from ticket products when acquired beforehand. The discount is not given from the individual single tickets bought from the busses. Student priced ticket products be bought from the following places:
- Linkki service point, Asemakatu 7 Forum
- Sokos department store, ticket sales office
VR has permanently lowered all prices (approx. 25%) on long-distance fares starting from February 16th 2016. The lowered prices apply to all long-distance fares including student tickets. Discounts are also given for 10 and 30-trip multi-tickets. The student discount for local and zone traffic remains at 50%, since the fares for these are not lowered as for long-distance tickets.
Student discounts in long distance fares
- 30% discount on the price for a Basic ticket at the time of purchase.
- The most affordable alternative is the Saver ticket. The fare for a Saver ticket is the same for everyone and no additional discounts apply. A limited number of Saver tickets are available for each departure.
The discounted price is always rounded to the next whole euro sum.
Notice! The joint VR and Matkahuolto student card is discontinued June 1, 2016. If students do not have a student card granted by the student union yet, they can temporarily prove their eligibility for the student discount with a temporary certificate of student status that is signed and stamped at the student services. More info.
The prices of long distance bus tickets depend on the bus operator. The discount prices may differ between different routes and buses and from the previous set – 50%. Further information
Greenstar Hotel Jyväskylä
Greenstar Hotel Jyväskylä offers to JAMKO members student discount price 65,00€/room/night (1-3 persons). Booking code JAMKO. Be prepared to show JAMKO Student card.
Entrance fee for students 3€, students of culture and other museum related studies for free. Free entry for all on Fridays.
Dental hygienist and dentist services at -10 % discount for Jamko- members. We speak English, you are warmly welcome!
Jyväskylä Sinfonia offers concert tickets for students with the student card by 12 €. The chamber and day concerts only 7€!
Studying abroad in Asia can be one of the best experiences of your life. With JAMKO’s student card ypu get a 30€ discount of our tuition fees.
Discount from salads and soups -10% with student card.
Alvar Aalto Museum
Student ticket 4 euros (normal price 6 euros).
Normal priced postcards, gifts and books and sale books -10% until 14.10.17. FB Ellin kirja. Instagram ellinkirja.
Student ticket to JJK’s Premier league football matches 10€ (norm. 13€). Student ticket includes the entrance and the seat from sunny side.
Savonlinja bus company
The student discount for buses applies to full-time students. Buy tickets from our online store or through Linjalla application.
10% discount on HVAC services (including dishwasher or washing machine installation) for students.