Academic Sports will start limitedly on 17 January
The City of Jyväskylä is continuing the restrictions of hobby activities of adult population.
Academic Sports follows the policies of the City of Jyväskylä. This means that group fitness and ballgame sessions indoors (excluding badminton, table tennis, swimming and gym sessions) will be interrupted at least until 31 January.
Services will be opened paying attention to the restrictions. Please remember to register for sessions in our booking system. Sessions will be available for registration by Friday, 14 January.
The following services will open normally:
- Use of the Yogobe online app continues
- The gyms of Monitoimitalo and Rentukka are open according to their opening hours
- Guided sessions in the Liikunta gym start on 17 January
- Badminton and table tennis sessions start on 17 January
- Stream sessions start on 17 January
Other exercise possibilities 17–31 January:
- Group fitness sessions outdoors
- Try new ballgames: snow volleyball and snow ultimate
- Tour skating self-intiatively on Lake Jyväsjärvi
- Skating self-initiatively on the campus sports field
- Swimming and gym in AaltoAlvari
The following services are interrupted until further notice:
- Indoor group fitness sessions (excluding guided gym sessions)
- Ballgames (excluding low-risk badminton and table tennis)
The programme will be updated and the sessions will be available for registration in the Academic Sports booking system by Friday, 14 January 2022. Participation in any sessions and services requires a registration in the booking system. The programme may be changed and supplemented.
All services above are available for you with a valid sports sticker. If you do not have a full-year sports sticker, you can buy the spring term sticker in the affordable price of €40 from the online store (normally €45).