The conditions of the membership
Membership can be granted for JAMK UAS student who is studying a degree and fulfills all the conditions for obtaining a student card. Also a renewing member must fulfill these conditions.
The student has to fulfil all of the following criteria:
- You are enrolled at a UAS and studying for a UAS first or second cycle degree.
- You are enrolled as attending for the academic year/term.
- You become a member of your UAS student union.
- You are accountable for providing correct information. Misuse of the card is a punishable offence.
- The orderer’s identity will we checked so you will have to present proper identification.
- The card may be refused from the orderer if the picture in the card is against good manners or does not portrait the orderer. The fee will still be collected from the orderer.
Become a member
Validity of the membeship
The membership is valid either for a semester or an academic year, according to your preference. After it expires, it can be renewed via JAMKO’s website.
- The fall semester membership is valid until the end of January of the following year
- The spring semester membership is valid until the end of September
- The membership for an academic year is valid until the September of the following year
If a student graduates in December, s/he is not entitled to student union membership during the spring semester, even though they might have paid the membership fee for the entire year.
The sticker on the student card indicates its validity. The sticker is an indicator that the student has paid the student union membership fee. So the sticker is not a product sold separately.